Face Masks Required at all City Facilities
During the March 16 meeting and after extensive debate, the City Council directed staff to reinstate the policy requirement for face masks or face coverings for customers visiting any City facility. This requirement will stay in place until June 30, at which point Council will revisit the policy.
It is important to note that the state remains a long way from herd immunity and most health experts warn that now is not the time to reduce or curtail our standard COVID-19 protocols.
The City has continued to require employees to wear masks when at work and when serving the public with frequent face-to-face encounters. The Branch Connection also maintains additional safety protocols including temperature checks upon entry and requiring the first round of the COVID-19 vaccinations 14 days prior to visiting the facility.
What does this mean for Parks & Recreation Facilities?
- Masks and the use of COVID-19 safety protocols, like social distancing and using hand sanitizer, are strongly are encouraged when visiting any of our parks, including the Farmers Branch Historical Park grounds.
- The Farmers Branch Community Recreation Center is open at 100 capacity for fitness only. Masks are required when not exercising. Patrons using exercise equipment are encouraged to wear gloves. Only the second floor is open, and since the facility is functioning as a fitness facility, only 15 and up are permitted. Due to maintaining social distancing safety precautions and preparing for a facility renovation, the experience at the Rec Center is different than usual. Please check their website for the latest updates and more details.
- The Farmers Branch Aquatics Center is open at 100 percent capacity and masks are required when not in the water. Please check their website for the latest updates and more details.
- The Branch Connection will be reopening on March 15 at 100 percent capacity with a limited amount of programming and amenities available and reduced hours. Masks are required when not exercising even with a vaccine. Please check their website for the latest updates.
- At the Farmers Branch Historical Park masks are required when participating in indoor programming and are encouraged when visiting the Park grounds. The Park hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closed on the weekends. Please check their website for the latest updates.