Solid Waste (Garbage)
UPDATE ****Friday & Saturday Trash Collection cancelled****
CWD attempted to collect trash on Friday, February 19, 2021. Unfortunately CWD trucks were unable to safely complete trash routes. Out of an abundance of caution CWD has ceased collection of trash on Friday and Saturday. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Regular collection of Trash, Recycling, Brush and Bulky will resume next week Monday, February 22nd.
****Citizen Collection Station OPEN and operating extra days!****
Located in Farmers Branch at 1399 Valley View Lane. Drop off residential trash, recycling, brush & bulky garbage.
- Friday 9AM to 6PM
- Saturday 9AM to 6PM
- Sunday 9AM to 6PM
- Monday 9 AM to 6 PM
- Trash & Recycling
- Bulk & Brush
- Special Waste Pickup
- Citizen Collection Center "CCC"
- Camelot Landfill
- Household Chemicals
Residential trash collection & recycling collection is provided by Community Waste Disposal.
- Curbside recycling service requires residents to use a vendor provided cart.
- Go to Recycling Collection webpage to request a cart delivered to or picked up from your residence.
- Service begins at 7AM and typically runs through 5PM.
- Please place trash and recycling out by 7AM as there is no set scheduled collection time for your street and routes are subject to change.
- Please contact CWD at 972.392.9300 with any service questions or concerns.
- External link: Community Waste Disposal
Brush & Bulky collection, or Green Grabber service, is provided by City staff every week.
- Go to Brush & Bulky Collection for more information about set out of items and schedule.
- Bulk items are collected the first full week of each month on your Green Grabber day.
- Brush is collected weekly on your green grabber day. What is Clean Brush?
- Place items out for collection prior to 7AM on your collection day.
- Bulk may be set out no earlier than 6PM the day before service.
- Please contact the Solid Waste Division at 972.919.2597 if you have any questions about Brush & Bulky service.
Special Waste Pick-Up
The City provides a weekly “Special Waste” Pick-Up. This service is typically on Wednesdays. Special Waste Pick-Up includes:
- Motor Oil
- Oil Filters
- Car or boat batteries
- Glass Panes
- Car or Truck Tires
Residents must call Public Works office at 972.919.2597 on Monday for this service. Items must be out by 7 a.m. We DO NOT pick up paint or pesticides.
Citizen Collection Center - 1399 Valley View Lane
Go to Citizen Collection Center webpage for additional information.
Open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 9 AM to 6 PM, Farmers Branch residents may take the following items to the Citizen Collection Station:
The facility is located at 1399 Valley View Lane and serves Farmers Branch residents only. There is no cost to use the Citizen Collection Station and proof of residency is required (i.e. utility bill, drivers license). No commercial vehicles or contractors will be permitted to use the site. The site is closed on observed City Holidays. Contact Public Works with questions about this facility at 972.919.2597.
- Garbage & Recycling is provided by CWD. CWD observes three holidays per year
- New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, & Christmas Day
- Service will resume the next regular collection day.
- They city will post holiday information and next day of service on it's website and other city publications. If you have questions please call 972.919.2597.
- Green Grabber Service (Brush & Bulky) is provided by City of Farmers Branch staff. City staff observe nine holidays per year.
- View the 2021 Green Grabber Schedule at Brush & Bulky Collection.
Holiday information by address also available at Garbage/Recycling/Brush & Bulky Collection Schedule
The City of Farmers Branch owns the Camelot Landfill located in Lewisville. The Camelot Landfill is a Type I municipal solid waste disposal facility. The site accepts municipal solid waste from Farmers Branch as well as other cities in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area.
Farmers Branch residents may take trash and other debris to the landfill for disposal with proof of residency (i.e. driver's license, utility bill) at no charge. Personal businesses will be assessed a tipping fee and other applicable charges to dispose of trash or debris. The Camelot Landfill is located at 580 Huffines Boulevard in Lewisville. Take I-35 north to Highway 121 Business (exit 450). Go east on Highway 121 for about three miles then right on Huffines. Hours of operation are from 7 AM to 4:45 PM, Monday through Friday and 7 AM to noon on Saturday.
Dallas County Home Chemical Collection Center
The City partners with the Dallas County Home Chemical Collection Center providing a free disposal service of hazardous household waste for our residents. The Home Chemical Collection Center is located at 11234 Plano Road, Dallas 75243.
A list of all approved items for disposal, hours of operation and other facts may be found at Dallas County's
- Who picks up my garbage?
- Which day is my garbage picked up?
- Does the City provide recycling services?
- Does the City have a brush or bulky pickup?
- Does the City pick up paint or pesticides?
- Does the City of Farmers Branch have a landfill?
- Does the City pick up any special waste items?
- Where can I purchase paper garbage sacks like the City once provided?
- When are garbage sacks delivered?