Summer Funshine Program
HEALTH AND SAFETY UPDATE: The health and safety of program participants, their families, and our staff is top priority. Program enrollment, activities, and dates may be impacted by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Program operations may be adjusted to adhere to safety protocols.
Summer Funshine is a recreational day camp for children 6-12 (as of May 28, 2021). The program meets 7 am-6 pm weekdays from May 28-August 9* (excluding May 31 and July 5) at the Farmers Branch Community Recreation Center. Activities include swimming, character development, arts and crafts, fitness programs, and much more. Free breakfast and lunch are provided Monday-Friday through the C-FBISD’s Summer Food Service Program from June 8-July 1. Each participant receives a program t-shirt.
* The Summer Funshine Program meets in accordance with the C-FBISD summer break schedule. Dates are subject to change should C-FBISD alter the academic calendar.
Check back soon for the program calendar and updated safety protocol measures.
Summer Funshine Online Registration
Registration is available online only at fbyouthcamps.com. In-person registration is not accepted. Financial assistance is available on a limited basis to qualifying Farmers Branch families. Proof of residency is required for those seeking the resident rate or financial assistance. Families with outstanding fees are required to reconcile account balances before registering for the program.
Registration Dates are:
March 1, 2021 Open registration begins for Farmers Branch residents, and residents seeking Financial Aid
April 1, 2021 Non-resident registration begins if space is available
Registration and documentation requirements for all families
Documentation must be uploaded to registration system within 48 hours of registration
- Completed online registration
- Parents/legal guardians must provide a valid government-issued ID
- Copy of child’s birth certificate or current shot records (for age verification) for all first time participants
Additional Requirements for Farmers Branch residents
For those seeking the Resident Rate or Financial Assistance for Farmers Branch Residents only may require additional information.
- Valid drivers license/government-issued ID must have a Farmers Branch address
- Proof of residency documentation:
- For those who own/lease current utility bill (water/electric/gas) or a lease current through August 2021
- For those who live with a family member/friend- two current bills the parent/legal guardian receives in their name at the Farmers Branch address (credit card bills, cell phone bills, bank statements, paycheck stubs, medical bills/documentation only)
- Residents seeking Financial Assistance: Current free or reduced lunch letter
Total program cost is the same regardless of which payment option is selected. Fees are based on 10 weeks of summer break. Fees may be adjusted if summer break is shorter or longer than 10 weeks. Fees are all-inclusive meaning that all program activities, parties, snacks, t-shirt, and all other related supplies are included.
Two Payment Options Available:
Option 1: Pay in Full at time of registration- credit/debit card only
950 ($95/week) for Farmers Branch residents
$500 ($50/week) for Farmers Branch residents on Financial Aid
$1,500 ($150/week) for Non-residents
Option 2: Five semi-monthly installments with credit/debit card draft
Note: Payment schedule is listed below. Fees are based on 10 weeks of summer break. Fees may be adjusted if the program runs longer or shorter than 10 weeks.
Date Resident Rate Financial Assistance Non-resident
Per Child Per Child Residents Only Per Child
At registration $190 $100 $300
June 4 $190 $100 $300
June 18 $190 $100 $300
July 9 $190 $100 $300
July 23 $190 $100 $300