Planning & Zoning
The Planning Department offices are closed for the duration of the COVID-19 public health emergency in order to limit person-to-person contact. Please contact our staff members via phone at 972.919.2542 (main department phone number), at the individual staff phone numbers listed on this webpage, or via email.
- For general information, zoning inquiries, and pre-application meeting requests, please contact Brian Campbell, Planning Technician at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For project specific and development/rezoning related inquiries, please contact Jenifer Paz, Lead Planner at email@example.com or Surupa Sen, Senior Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For inquires related to the IH-35E corridor vision study, please contact Kyra McCardle, Planning Consultant/Project Manager at email@example.com
You may also contact the Planning Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Farmers Branch Planning Department plays an instrumental role in the long-term and day-to-day success of the city. The planning department does this by pursuing specific planning principles. These principles are central to all planning efforts.
The planning department:
- Manages the city's land development process relative to design review, site planning, specific use permits, and zoning
- Prepares the city's comprehensive plan and district plans such as the recently adopted central area plan. Other district plans include the west side plan and station area plan
- Prepares policies, programs and ordinances relating to development, conducts demographic analysis and engages in special planning studies relating to economic development, environment, urban design, transportation, and housing
- Offers extensive e-planning, public outreach and education programs to encourage greater involvement in planning activities