FBTX ~ Flags on City offices and facilities should be lowered to half-staff only on six regular occasions throughout the year or by order of the governor or president.
Unless otherwise noted, on such occasions, flags should fly at half staff from sunrise until (at least) sunset. It is acceptable for flags to return to full staff, depending on facility staffing, later than sunset but not prior.
Half-staff should be observed on the same six dates every year. Those include:
- Peace Officer Memorial Day (May 15)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May, sunrise until 12 noon)
- Patriot Day (September 11)
- Korean War Veterans Armistice Day (July 27)
- National Firefighters Memorial Day (first Sunday in October), and
- Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (December 7)