FBTX ~ With power still out, the Manske Library will not open today and all associated Monday programs have been canceled.
With widespread limbs and trees down all over Farmers Branch, the Sustainability and Public Health Department has advised that the Green Grabber crews will be working overtime this week to pick up all brush left behind by Sunday's severe storms. To assist in this effort, an extra truck has been added to the Green Grabber effort.
Crews will be working their regular routes, but extra hours, trying to get through all areas by the weekend. No one will be penalized this week for putting brush out too early. Patience is appreciated as crews work diligently to clear storm damaged brush. Residents are reminded not to mingle bulk with brush as the next Bulk collection week begins Monday, July 1.
Other Storm Related Updates:
- ONCOR advises in their most recent update that an estimated 3,500 remain without power in Farmers Branch. The Oncor website says this could be a multiple day outage.
- FROG POND is opening on schedule today even though the facility is without power. They will be accepting cash only until power is restored. Frog Pond has emergency power for pumps, filters and pool sanitation, just not for lights and computers.
- MARGARET YOUNG NATATORIUM is closed until power comes back.
- MANSKE LIBRARY is without power and closed until service is restored. All Library programs for Monday are canceled.
- REC CENTER is open to any Farmers Branch resident without power, regardless of membership, who needs to cool off or charge a phone. The Rec Center is open until 9 p.m.
All other City operations and services continue on schedule.