Recycling - Weekly Residential Collection
View or download Collection Day by street name:
Garbage/Recycling/ Brush & Bulk Collection Schedule
View or download Collection Day by location:
Recycling Collection Map
The City maintains a drop off recycling location at the Citizen Collection Center.
Recycling is provided by Community Waste Disposal (CWD). Please contact CWD Customer Service with any service concerns or questions. CWD Customer Service is available Weekdays 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM; Saturday 8 AM to 2 PM or visit CWD's website.
Weekly Recycling Pick Up
- Place items in the rollout cart provided by the vendor.
- Recycling should be comingled and placed loosely within the cart. It does not need to be placed in bags, then inside the cart.
- Comingled means different types of material can be placed in the same cart at the same time.
- The cart should be placed at the curb or alleyway with handles facing the road or ally.
- Carts storage depends on upon the service location:
- Alley service - carts must be stored closer to the house than the alley.
- Curbside service - carts must be stored out of sight from street view.
- Carts set out for service, must be retrieved and returned to their storage location no later than 9 AM the day after service.
Need a Blue Recycling Cart?
Please contact the Public Works Department at 972.919.2597 for delivery of a recycling cart to your residence.
What goes in my Blue Recycling Cart?
- Plastic Containers #1-5 & #7
- Aluminum, Steel, & Tin Containers
- Glass Bottles & Containers
- Corrugated Cardboard & Boxboard
- Mixed Paper
- Wax-Coated Paper Drink Containers
Do NOT put the following items in the Blue Recycling Cart:
- Plastic Bags & Packaging
- Shredded Paper
- Grass Clippings
- Food & Wet Waste
- Paper, Plastic & Styrofoam Serving Item
- Paper Towels, Facial Tissue & Toilet Tissue
Wax coated paper drink containers are now a
Recycle Wax coated paper drink containers curbside or drop off at Citizen Collection Station.