State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR)
Do you or anyone you know need some assistance during times of an emergency event? The state of Texas offers the STEAR program and encourages all with functional and access needs to sign up. The STEAR program is a free registry that provides local city emergency planners and emergency responders with additional information on the needs in their community. You must update your information once a year to stay in the system.
Who Should Register:
- People with Disabilities
- People with access and functional needs such as:
- People who have limited mobility
- People who have communication barriers
- People who require additional medical assistance during an emergency event
- People who require transportation assistance
- People who require personal care assistance
How to Sign Up:
1) Online Registration Forms
- STEAR Individual Registration Form
- STEAR Registro para Asistencia en Casos de Emergencia
- Nursing Home & Assisted Living STEAR Registration Form
2) Visit the Fire Administration Building to register in person, 13333 Hutton Drive
Online Signup Instructions:
Local Jurisdiction Information and Organization Collecting Information: Farmers Branch
Organization Contact Information: 972.919.2640
Enter your personal information.
Click the Submit button to submit your form to the State.
How to Log In to Update or Change Information:
What to expect from the City:
Registering yourself in the STEAR registry DOES NOT guarantee that you will receive a specific service during an emergency. Information from the registry will be used by City of Farmers Branch Emergency Management staff to direct services to those needing assistance. However, emergency services may take some time to get to your location or make contact with you via phone. You should take steps to be self-sufficient until emergency services contact you. Some examples include having back-up emergency equipment, spare batteries, small power generators, emergency contact information for caregivers, etc. In the event of an emergency that impacts you, always call 9-1-1 immediately if you need assistance; do not expect emergency responders to contact you first.
For more information on how the City of Farmers Branch will use information in the STEAR registry, contact your local emergency management office at 972.919.2648 or by email.